Pizza and s’mores in one delicious dish?! Yes, it is as good as it sounds and we couldn’t think of a better recipe to share on National Biscuit Day! It ticks all the boxes and is an ideal, party-pleasing, dessert to make in your pizza oven.
This recipe is fun for evenings on your patio when you want the feeling of going camping without leaving the comfort of your garden! You are guaranteed to fall in love with your pizza oven all over again when you try this irresistible dessert pizza.
• Ball of pizza dough – check out this recipe to make your own dough.
• 9 Digestive biscuits (the best equivalent to Graham Crackers in the UK) – 6 crushed, 3 broken into small pieces
• 350g Milk chocolate
• 1 Bag of marshmallows (we used classic sized ones but you could experiment with mini mallows or giant ones!)
• Icing Sugar
• Heat up your outdoor pizza oven to 1-2 Missisippi’s / 300+°C.
• Work the crushed digestives into the ball of handmade pizza dough.
• Use a rolling pin to flatten dough to 1/2 cm thickness in circular-shaped shell.
• Place dough on pizza screen and bake in your pizza oven for 1-2 minutes.
• Remove pizza dough from oven. Microwave chocolate or melt in a bowl over hot water (do not melt in your pizza oven it doesn’t work, we tried!) and brush across your pizza base.
• Sprinkle pieces of digestive biscuits and marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
• Place the pizza directly on oven hearth and bake until marshmallows are golden brown, this should take around 2-3 minutes. Turn the pizza as needed.
• Remove your pizza from the oven and dust with icing sugar as desired.
• We suggest serving warm with a big dollop of icecream!
If you want a wood burning oven of your own, the Morsø Forno is a great oven for a back garden pizza party!